Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Too much blogging, not enough time

Up until Eddie Mair was let loose in the Blogosphere on the PM Blog I hadn't ventured near a blog.
Over the last month I have become an inveterate blogger, but only on that one blog, occasionally at the cost of work I should be doing. It is alarmingly addictive. There is a community on there, with a variety of friendships blossoming; there are often complete sideline conversations between two or three bloggers that have clearly identified each other as "kindred spirits".
For the most part all comments seem quite friendly, even if they are against each other, and all this happens with nobody actually meeting.
Is this, I wonder, the true power of the Internet, that it provides a social interaction space (good grief, that sounds like a buzz phrase) that could previously never have existed. This seems a world away from the original concept of Tim Berners-Lee who, as I understand it, devised a system for academics to share research papers and similar.
If any body ever reads this, discuss

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2006 8:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO with you on this one Leaderdespite the fact ath I hate that expression!),it's been a revelation for me,one who loves to communicate, but not necessarily face-to-face....Back to catching up now - it's hell when you've missed a few. Sadly (or perhaps not) I find myself thinking about you all when I'm not here!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home